Monday, August 7, 2017

It's another Manic Monday....

And what have you done today? Did you adult today? Did you pull the covers over your head and wish it was Saturday morning? Mondays don't always have to be bad...  They're only bad if you have it in your head that they are. The internet is full of meme's that perpetuate the myth of the bad Monday. It's all a state of mind. Yeah, here I am 'Little Miss Mary Sunshine', but the thing is you need to get it out of your head that Mondays are bad. Let us reference the picture below... this happened on a Tuesday. Tuesday, August first 2017 to be exact. 

my baby....

See.... 'it' can happen in an instant and on any day. When you target your day, when you have your head set up thinking that one day is going to be bad... chances are something is not going to go your way, you are going to psych yourself out that something bad will happen. It may not be something as major as a car wreck, but the thing is...YOU SHOULD NOT LIVE YOUR LIFE IN FEAR OF A DAY.... You should not live in fear at all. I lived in fear, not of a day, but of other things, for many years. I was afraid to live and I missed out on so much and it made me a very unpleasant person to be around. If you find yourself in fear, ask yourself, why do I fear it? WHAT is it about?  A person, place or thing? Will it hurt me? What will it do to me? Fear will rob you of your happiness... trust me. So wake up tomorrow, and say... TODAY IS GOING TO BE MY DAY.... own it. Do this every morning when you put your feet on the floor. Make it part of your spiritual practice, no matter what faith journey you are on. 


It would be so easy for me after my accident to be afraid of driving, afraid of being in a car. The thing is, I caused the crash. Fortunately it was just me and the telephone pole. Before the accident, in general, I had been dealing with severe car anxiety, something I have no idea why. Before that I had never been in a car accident, or even came close. When I got into our FJ Cruiser to go home form the hospital on Wednesday I was at peace. I had it in my head that I was safe. Yesterday, however I had a major panic attack as David got onto the on ramp to the freeway.  It hit me out of nowhere. Yet a few minutes later I was fine. We don't know when the fear will hit, the thing is, NOT TO LET IT RULE YOU! Go in peace my friends and have a FABULOUS Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment