Altered Whimseys on Social Media



Monday, April 3, 2017

Happy Monday!!!!

One more day and it's unboxing day for my Heidi Swapp Storyline box... OMG, I feel like a kid waiting to go to Disneyland...haha. Seriously. I feel that way. Over the week Jen Evans, who is part of Heidi's team, has asked those of us on the unboxing panel to put together a series of stories and pictures. I don't know why, but at first I felt very intimidated.... what on earth am I going to write about? Then like a flood of emotion came the answer..... the last ten months... from the time I lost my beloved Grams, trip to FL that ended up with heart attack, back home and two weeks later open heart surgery, and the road to recovery.... It's been insane... literally. I even had a little 'vacation' at the laughing academy... what I fondly call Sutter Psychiatric. You see, I also have bipolar disorder. Open heart surgery, as it turns out, also has the highest rate of post surgical depression. I've been surrounded by my fiercest cheerleaders and prayer warriors. I have been loved by the most awesome man. As I realized all this, I no longer felt intimidated, but blessed, in so many ways. 

Me post surgery, almost 9 months later, April 1, 2017
On my mile 2 of the American River Bike Trail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment