Altered Whimseys on Social Media



Friday, April 29, 2016

Happy Friday!!!!


I got my loot from Scrapbook.com today, and I realized I made a booboo and ordered the wrong size of Project Life page protectors to go with my new Heidi Swapp core kit. Uh oh! This is for a special project for my sisters back in FL and I was hoping to get them done to send them off on Monday. This got me to thinking about how much we seem to bash the 'brick and mortar big box store', yet when we need something like 'right now' they are our saving grace. In other words, we shouldn't bite the hand that feeds us, especially when they accept competitor's coupons up to 60% off and are open every day (with the exception of Hobby Lobby, they are closed on Sunday). For me, the 'local scrapbook store' isn't very local... it's a 45 minute to an hour drive. It's not like I  can hop in the car and go pick up adhesives, page protectors and glitter at the drop of a hat. I support them whenever I can, but for me, the LSS isn't a viable option. I depend on the 'big box store' to help me out in a pinch. I love my online stores like Scrapbook.com and Illustrated Faith, but like I said before, if we're in a pinch and have to have something right away, or we've run out of adhesive on a Saturday afternoon the 'big box store' is there. Just a fact of life.

As crafters, and those in the crafting business, we're all part of this intricate network and culture of helping each other out. There are copious message boards dedicated to scrapbooking and paper crafting, there are Meet-Ups, and conventions held to showcase new product and techniques (CHA 2017 in AZ next year and Scrapbook Expo). Please, leave me a comment if I'm missing one... Anyhow, you get the picture, we all like to help each other out. Whether it's telling about the sale at Michael's, showing the latest techniques with the latest tools, or the great new stuff Heidi Swapp is creating, we are there for each other.  I'm sure we've all been subjected to the 'drama llamas' and haters on message boards... that's just life. I've learned to ignore and move on. That will happen in any social dynamic and we just have to rise above and just let it slide off our backs and press the 'ignore' button. So on that note I'm going to hit the 'publish' button and get my sweet self to bed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment