Altered Whimseys on Social Media



Friday, February 26, 2016

Crazy busy.....and yes, Idaho.

Crazy busy and yet I still have time to make cards, work on my planner and blog at 5 something in the morning the day the hubster and I leave for vacation. Not like we're hopping a plane and going to Cabo... (I am WAY too white to be seen in a bathing suit right now), we're packing up the FJ and going to Idaho... thus begs the question from some...'Why Idaho?' Yes, land of potatoes.... but so much more. Don't judge a book by it's cover. The first two times I was in Idaho it was below zero and snow, snow, and more snow. Yet settled past the snow plowed streets into the ever evolving city of Idaho Falls are great art galleries, fabulous local eats, envy invoking craft and decor stores, and two hours away from skiing and boarding fun.... I once had a professor in college, Lars Hafner, who once proclaimed that Idaho doesn't exist.... I beg to differ Mr. H. It does. Granted I've only been exposed to the Eastern side of Idaho, but it's one of those idyllic places that forces you to have some sort of creative renaissance. The people of Idaho are warm and friendly, eclectic and you find careers ranging from party planners to nuclear engineers, blue haired stylists and communities that rally for world unity. Been to Idaho three times and I still have yet to meet a potato farmer. So, on that note I'm going to finish up a couple of projects and sign off here, at least until I have some great road trip fodder to report on...

Me, Idaho, 2007...and it's -13 and snowing again...


No comments:

Post a Comment