Altered Whimseys on Social Media



Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Baby steps....and Bellydancing.

Well I spent tonight working on my new You-Tube channel for Altered Whimseys. There I will upload crafting tutorials, NEW crafting tools and trends, store tours and reviews and so much more. I am so excited... well that's an understatement. I want to thank my friend Nancy for being the inspiration to take my passion and fly with it. I met Nancy almost 13 years ago on an online scrapbook message board called 'Memory Making Divas'... it's since gone, however our friendship has lasted. We were chatting one night and discovered that we were just miles away. We became instant friends and I grew to love her and her great kids, aptly monikered Things 1&2 (to ensure internet safety). The first Christmas we were friends I gave her this corny bellydance video as kind of an inside joke. We were both fans of Sex and the City and this video was of the bellydance instructor featured in one of the episodes (I cannot remember which). Anyhow, Nancy found herself wanting to know more about dancing, found a great instructor just up the hill from us and started taking lessons... and she blossomed, as a dancer and as a person. Her life has taken many twists and turns, all for the good. Sadly for me though, she moved to Oakland area...which is more than a three hour drive and I haven't seen her in quite a while. (Something that we'll have to remedy). Anyhow, Nancy has taken her passion of bellydance and is now an instructor for Bellyfit, is an award winning belly dancer, she has danced on stage at Burning Man in Black Rock, and has her own health and wellness blog (look to my blog list on the right, and you'll see her listed there.) has a YouTube bellydance channel and has performed at Tribal Fest and many other venues. This somewhat shy and quiet crafter that I met 13 years ago has evolved into a fierce, amazing, breathtaking artist. She inspires me in so many ways, artistically, spiritually and her friendship is such a treasure to me.

Nancy and I on the train going to Scrap Expo 2004.

Me... well, I've changed a lot as well. I've shed about 60 lbs, gained a lot of self-confidence personally and creatively, and I'm learning to be fearless...to an extent. I do have my limits, don't we all? Last year has taught me that life is too short. Five heart surgeries and stents later, and a three day stint in the cardiac ICU at Christmas has taught me NEVER to take life for granted, and has shown me what amazing friends and family I have. I have a wonderful faith family. Not to forget I have a wonderful husband who has been my rock these past almost 21 years. David's my cheerleader, through all my crazy ideas and whatever life has had to throw at us, which was a lot. He's even helped me turn our second upstairs room into an amazing craft room. Sigh. I'm in love... the key is to fall in love every day, not that you fall out of love when you fall asleep... I find something new about him and or our relationship that I love almost every day. Sigh... I know... EWWWWWWWWW. Haha. Seriously though, I've got the idea's flowing, supplies have been purchased and Altered Whimsey's will be going live this weekend on Periscope as well as You.Tube! I'll post the connecting site later. Periscope, as I said in an earlier post is only viewer accessed through your smart phone or tablet through iOS and Android systems. 

See ya'll on the flip side!



No comments:

Post a Comment