Thursday, May 28, 2015

Throwback Thursday....

It's that day again, when we post our past pictures on FB and take various trips down memory lane. I was just thinking of Altered Whimsey's humble beginnings... in the corner of a garage in Wilton. It was there that the idea sparked that I should take what I'm creating and put it online. As you can tell I'm not shy at all about my own handiwork. I used to be very shy about such things. Thinking my work wasn't good enough, or it was too simple and child like to be put online amongst the throng of 'professional' crafters and online artists. What I have discovered is that we are ALL artists on many different levels. One artist isn't better than the other, we just have different ideas and designs. As for creativity, we're all born with that gift whether we like to admit it or not. If you say you don't have a creative bone in your body then I'll have to disagree with you for your own good. Ok....I'm off track.... here's my little trip down memory lane....




There have also been many incarnations of my creative blog, starting with Running With Decorative Scissors, then No Ordinary Scrapper, then finally Altered Whimseys... Yes, I know Whimsey's is spelled wrong.... someone has another web page with Whimsy and ours kept on getting confused with one another. I am also on Facebook, you can find me here. Well, I need to go tame the do and start looking like a human being. I had a late start to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment