Saturday, January 31, 2015

Sick, Sad, and on a Mental Vacation...

When it rains it pours.... and in the midst of it all I lost one of my fur babies, Trinket. Trinket was first Mom C's kitty, a rescue she brought home in 2001. She was a sweet, gentle soul who loved to stalk gophers in the back yard, and find solace in the warmth of the pellet stove during cold nights. She was loved by all who were graced by her grey, furry presence. When Mom C.  passed in 2007, Trinket journeyed with David and I to our new home where she once again won the hearts of the Benita Drive courtyard. On Monday our dear neighbor called us in the afternoon to tell us that the local kids had found her in one of the gardens in a neighboring townhouse. Trinket had peacefully passed. I miss you my fuzzy girl.

Trinket 2001-2015

In the midst of all this I was also dealing, still am dealing with a very painful case of shingles. Thus solidifying what I have been saying all along.... I'm a little old lady trapped in the body of a 40 something.... sigh. Teens, if you are reading this blog, this is what happens when you abuse your body with alcohol and excessive living in your teens and early 20's. 

On that note, I am going to excuse myself and retire to my version of a mental vacation... going off the grid. No FB, no Twitter, no Instagram.....I will be creating some this weekend so I won't be going off Pinterest... no one really interacts with me there anyway. 

So hold your fur babies, and not so furry babies close today and tell them you love them, which you probably do anyway.

See you in February. AND DON'T FORGET THERE ARE STILL VALENTINE CARDS AVAILABLE IN MY ETSY STORE. Shameless plug, yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment