Altered Whimseys on Social Media



Saturday, November 22, 2014

When the dust settles.... A PSA for Mental Illness...

It's been a pretty interesting couple of weeks. As I have shared before, I suffer from bipolar disorder and PTSD. My meds have not been working and I've been having a rough time of it. Fortunately, a new psychiatrist has stepped in and I am doing better. It's not an overnight thing, and it's not something that I can 'snap out of', if only I could. For those of us that suffer there is stigma that follows, people think 'it's all in our heads'... duh, of course it is, it's a brain disorder caused by the imbalance of neural connections and chemicals in our brains. We have yet to know what causes it, heredity or environment. Those of us that live with it, myself included, I call survivors...And that we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment