Wednesday, November 12, 2014

It's been a looooooong day

Started off waking up at 3:30 and not being able to go back to sleep... well, I fell asleep at 8 something last night. I don't remember getting upstairs and into bed, nor do I remember shouting at the top of my lungs 'DAVID' early this morning (according to my husband, David, who I awoke downstairs in his chair). Well, he got in bed and promptly fell asleep, and then I was wide awake staring at the ceiling fan above the bed. Sigh. Well, I figured I might as well get up and do something... first I started the chicken for the enchiladas we were (were, read on and you will understand) going to have for dinner tonight. I cook my chicken for the enchiladas in a crock pot marinade of onions, garlic, cumin and chipotle powder submerged in chicken stock for 8 hours.

Well the chicken was made, so I figured I'd get started on cards, so I went online to check for some more card inspiration and got sucked into Pinterest and FB..... That's a whole other issue altogether. I had a 9:45-11:00 AM phone appointment with my therapist (for those of you who are just getting to know me, I am a bipolar disorder and PTSD 'survivor'...both are a second by second brain disorder that has to be managed with meds, cognitive therapy, and a personal therapist like Dr. Gary as I'll call him. Otherwise I'm an emotional crap-shoot). That went pretty good, and while I was talking to him I managed to make six more cards for my 2014 Christmas Card Collection. Then I went back to the computer to post all my art... got sucked in again by Pinterest and created my own Pinterest Page for Altered Whimsey's Studios. See the side bar link to follow me. I'm also on Twitter as well...follow me there....(cough cough, ahem).  Got all that put together....




Well, David got home and we made a trip to Target where I found some Christmas goodies, did a little Christmas shopping, food shopping, and then David violated the pre-Christmas don't by yourself anything code by buying a paddle/scraper for our Kitchen Aid stand mixer (it was on sale and he was afraid we wouldn't be able to find it again until 'after baking season', as he is the baker, not I, of the family. I'll let this one slide. If he buys himself an X-Box game I'm going to duct tape him to the roof of the shed...)

 Well as we were leaving Target David said he was hungry and would I like to go out... 'We can always put the enchilada chicken away in the fridge, it's gonna get cooked again anyway'... Twist my arm. Then he asked where would I like to go. I'm like, why don't we try a new place and he suggested Soho Sushi, the new Sushi place over near the B of A office building off of White Rock (My Rancho friends will know what I'm talking about.)


The spicy edamame that we started out with was amazing, I got the Tempura Veggies and a Ninja roll (as pictured above). The Ninja roll is a spicy California roll with avocado and crab, deep fried with 'special sauce' and Siracha. Yowzers! Yum. Their tempura plate of veggies was the best ever. Two thumbs up for Soho Sushi in Rancho Cordova! Then, God bless him, David took me to Michael's for some more Christmas card supplies. I have like the best husband EVER! Seriously girls, he's great. Well, I've got a few more loose ends to tie up and I'm off to bed. See you on the other side..!


No comments:

Post a Comment