Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's Christmas in July.... well kinda...

This week I stepped out of my creative comfort zone and ventured forth into the land that is known as 'Holiday Faire', our church's annual craft, bake sale and luncheon. It was the beginning of the craft planning, as in making this and that and what not to sell to the huddled masses of Rancho Cordova.  In the past I've had a hard time with 'boxed in' creativity... I'm a free spirit, I create what I want and how I want. With Holiday Faire, it's what the group decides and we all do it together. Yes, I am a control freak, and yes I create on my own time and what I want. I need to get over that. Had a real good time with the girls and Darla (our creative maven) has already handed over copious projects which I'm going to start working on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment