Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Thinking about Christmas past...

Debi at WeeFaerieRing has got me thinking about my Christmas' past... sigh..... about favorite Christmas', and most interesting Christmas moments....

One of my earliest Christmas memories was going to the Gulfport Christmas parade with my grandfather and being picked from the crowd to ride with Santa up on his sleigh through the rest of the parade... I think that was in 1976....


That was my favorite gift that year, my baby doll... she had a bottle where the 'milk' disappeared and she was a pretty baby. That was the first year I lived with my grandparents...

One of the roughest Christmas' for me was my first Christmas away from my family when I was in Naval boot camp.  My home was over an hour away, but it might has well have been 3000 miles away... that weekend we watched movies, the kitchen crew prepared a special Christmas meal...

The Roosevelt Rough Riders of Co. I016.... BoooYAH!


No comments:

Post a Comment