Sunday, November 22, 2009

'Bees' makes the sweetest honey in my head....


Yesterday was spent with my goddaughter, a sometimes misunderstood, always loving 16 year old slip of a girl... we started our 'girls day' with going to see the new 'Twilight' movie New Moon, then grabbed a late lunch and went home and watched a movie that neither one of us had seen, 'The Secret Life of Bees'. That movie has struck such a chord with me, plucked a note very deep inside that has once again brought to life my lifelong desire to write, and to write what I know in my heart. Usually this blog has been full of the pages of art, the knitting, and the cards that I create... yet now I want to return to my roots a little more. My writing. I had a college professor in FL, Ms. LaPointe who was baffled at my decision to join the Navy, the last thing she said to me before I left was 'you had better write a book about this'.  Well, Ms. LaPointe... you just may get your wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment