Altered Whimseys on Social Media



Sunday, July 12, 2009

Random things and what nots... the beginning or the end of the week?

Lately I've been debating which direction I want to take Altered Whimseys... It's been a great journey so far and as the blog has grown, so has my expansion of artistic expression. It's just not scrapbooking anymore. Although that's where this whole thing started, it's not the monopolizing theme. I think of myself more as a 'memory artist' and writer.... I've never been to thrilled about being pigeonholed into a certain bracket or role.

One blog that I just adore is Elsie Flannigan's... that girl has blossomed creatively and spiritually. She's not one for the every day, and strives to dance her own little dance.... so a shout out to Elsie!!! You Go Girl! She is truly a 'Whimsey Gal'....

So what's up for this week....

1. My second week as a 'haus frau'... I'm loving it. Granted there may be some days where I'm just tired of the laundry, I am enjoying the new possibilities that this new role entails. Don't pull out your bras and lighters yet my feministas... this is my choice, that's the difference about it. Years ago, socially, women didn't have this choice... it was from your parent's home to your marriage home, circa 1940 something... Now, although through some unfortunate circumstances (long story), I have this choice, and I am loving it.
2. Cooking.... I am re-learning all over again. David, for the most part of our marriage has done the cooking, mainly because he's pretty darn good at it, and has enjoyed doing it. When he asked me to marry him, it wasn't a yes or no answer... my answer was 'I can't cook'.... well he pretty much taught me. Between David and his mother in law there was no excuse not to learn how to cook, or not be a good cook. I can cook... however baking, that's a whole other story. Please if you have any low fat, low carb recipes... please... e-mail me with them!!!

3. Scrapbooking... and card making.... I need to make a couple of cards, one for some dear friends who have been awesome, and another for my Gramma... just cause.

4. A pink Townie......I have been admiring them for the past two years.... And don't forget the white basket and silver bell... gotta have that bell...


5. For sale... one grey and white Giant G3 Road bike, in fair condition... $150.

6. It's 12:30 and in the interest of getting things done tomorrow, I must get to bed and get some sleep....

Night all....

No comments:

Post a Comment