Thursday, March 12, 2009

A tour of Altered Whimseys' Studio

Yes, once again I have moved stuff around, and I thought I would give the grand tour of Altered Whimseys' Studio... Right now I'm sharing my space with David and the sewing machine, one day when we get a larger home I hope to have a space just for me and whoever wants to come over and play in scrappy goodness, complete with a day bed to crash on for a mid scrap nap....

My studio is on the 2nd floor of our townhome and has a large window with a built in shelf that provides lots of natural light when we have those Sunny California days. For those of you just visiting Altered Whimseys for the first time, welcome... jump in and enjoy, and hopefully get some inspiration. This blog is always evolving into something a skosh more creative than the last day... so keep on checking back... and leave feedback. I love feedback... Anyhoo before I get too distracted.... oooooh duckies... sorry, anyhow, this is my studio for scrapbooking, stamping, card making, altered arts, and whatever creative whimsy comes my way...

The paper storage is mostly Cropper Hopper Paper Keepers, and the Michael's Cubes. I have a small pink Ikea box up top for all of my 8x8 and smaller paper packs and stacks, beside those I have my 'project bins' with naked binders, clothespins, a blank clock, and other projects I have collected and have not yet finished...In the large white Ikea boxes I have all of my foam core stamps and all of my seasonal stamps that I keep there when not in use.

The Clip-it-Up.... I hemmed and hawed over getting this, I had only seen it online and wasn't sure whether I wanted to invest that amount of money in something I can't touch with my own two hands. Last Christmas, while in Idaho, my BIL and SIL blessed me with a Roberts gift card (Roberts is in Idaho... kinda like M's, only with better scrap stuff) and I went shopping. I love it. I have everything at my fingertips and right by my workspace. Today I re-arranged my acrylic stamps and hung them up there. They were formerly in my Memory Maker organizer and I had a hard time getting to some of them because they would stick together. What else can I say? I love it!!!!


This is my Memory Maker desk organizer and I am currently using most of it to store and organize my Cuttlebug dies and some of my other dies and embossing folders. Very handy.


I have been having quite a time organizing my Cricut Cartridges, I had the all on the bottom of the Cricut Cart and it was so hard to see them and see what I had that I need to move them up on the shelves for a better view... right now for Lent I am currently not purchasing any more scrapbook supplies...only adhesives. Wish me luck on that...


This is a better look at how I organized the cartridges. I always have to have my most used items at arms reach when I'm creating, otherwise I have to stop, and then my creativity goes.... ooooh, look at the bunnies... see what I mean? It's not a good thing. Up on the top shelf are my flowers, Primas, paints, and other assorted paint and altering mediums....

Well, that's all of it.... for now. If you have any organizational or product questions, feel free to e-mail me or ask me in the comments section....

No comments:

Post a Comment